Tuesday 24 May 2011

Bike Month May

Tomorrow is my 1st day of work as the alternative transportation student intern since my return from Europe. I am pumped, especially about meeting Amanda Chassot, the new Alt Trans Coordinator for Transportation and Campus Services.

In other news, my boyfriend David Greenspan and I are going on a training ride for this weekend's Wilderness Road Ride. The ride is described as a historical adventure through southwest Virginia’s beautiful New River Valley, which follows part of Daniel Boone’s Wilderness Road. Pretty rad! (just like them radler dranks in Germany) On Sunday I'll ride survival mode style in the NRVBA's Mountains of Misery. one hundred and four mile ride. extreme!

Dave from Hokie Spokes called the other day asking if I'd like to come back and work for the summer. Still deciding. It's definitely an interesting place to work. Ultimately I'll get to learn more bike mechanic skillz which I aspire to know.

Yesterday I checked out Bike Barn, which took over the old Hokie Spokes space. They have an awesome community bulletin board with bike news. Check out the Bike Month May in the New River Valley information posted. Ride Solutions based out of Roanoke continues to do a superb job with incentives for bike commuting.

It seems as if more friends of mine are bike pedal touring across America. Last year Andy Reagan participated in Bike&Build and this year friends (and VT triathlete/cycling girls) Kati Span and Kelly Neville are doing both B&B and a family TransAmerica adventure. Good Luck to them!

Fun Grist article about bicycling and the art of being broke; bikenomics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment